So when a man stands for freedom he stands with God.
And as long as he stands for freedom he stands with God.
And were he to stand alone he would still stand with God.
A man will be eternally vindicated and rewarded for his stand for freedom."
--Ezra Taft Benson
Saturday, April 9, 2016
Just a couple facts about life in a Jail
1. The number one food for prisoners is good old Top Ramen. You have to buy your own bowl and the Top Ramen from their commissary account. According to my husband they put the Top Ramen in a bowl and use water from their sink in their cell. The water isn't really that warm but they let the noodles soak for awhile until their nice a soggy.
2. Each prisoner is issued a cup. They have to keep that cup with them in the cell. When it is time for meals that is the cup that they are to use. The prisoners do not enjoy any soft pillow. Their pillows are actually sewn inside their thin bed mat.
3. The jail does not season their food very well. In fact if you want any condiments to help the food taste better then the prisoners have to buy them through their commissary account. My husband has told me that almost all the meat is some kind of soy product.
4. Every thing you use for grooming has to be short. They have a short comb, short toothbrush and short brush. If they want to use a razor they have to check the razor out and can only use it for so many minutes.
5. Prisoners are in charge of buying their own shoes. They are supplied with really thin sandles once they get to the jail. The prisoners can either buy the shoes below or their family members can bring in shoes that are appropriate and have been approved through the warden.
I do understand that there are rules for a reason. But for those who did no crime it definitely feels like they are being punished. They are definitely trying to break the political prisoners down. They have taken them away from their homes, families, jobs, and all of the freedoms that we enjoy on any given day. Please continue to pray for the political prisoners that they will be comforted and have the strength to fight this battle. Pray for the judges that they will be fair and do what is just. Pray for the defendants lawyers that they will be able to speak the truth. Lastly, pray for all Americans that they will stand up for their neighbor and this country.