"The fight for freedom is God's fight.
So when a man stands for freedom he stands with God.
And as long as he stands for freedom he stands with God.
And were he to stand alone he would still stand with God.
A man will be eternally vindicated and rewarded for his stand for freedom."
--Ezra Taft Benson

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Telephone Calls


Dave is still at the Southern Nevada Detention Center in Pahurmp, Nevada.  I hate that he is so far away from our family but I am so grateful that we are able to talk on the phone on a daily basis. Tonight as I was talking with Dave I asked him what the phones were like.  He told me that there are four phones in his pod and they are placed very close together.  I know how close they are together because you are constantly trying to hear what the other person is saying.  There is so much noise. Because there are 96 men in his pod the phones at night especially can get very busy.  The other night Dave waited in line for over an hour before he was able to use the phone.

I just assumed that whenever Dave was talking to me that he was sitting in a chair while talking.  He laughed tonight and told me he wishes he had a chair.  So I told him to go get one.  He told me that they are not allowed to use chairs while they are talking on the phone.  He said they either have to stand up like the picture below or they can sit on the concrete floor and he has to hold his head just right because the cord is not that long.  This made me so frustrated because I just don't understand why they have to treat inmates so terribly.  How hard would it really be to place four chairs by these phones or cement in four stools?  Why does my husband and others have to be treated like this when they aren't even guilty? Actually, why should any human being have to be treated like this?



I am frustrated with this trial and just don't understand it at times but I am indeed grateful that I am in contact with my husband on a daily basis.  I am grateful that he can call home and our family can hear his sweet voice.  I am thankful that I can lift him up when he is down and he can do the same for me.  The day can not come soon enough when I will be reunited with my husband and not have to talk to him through the telephone or through the monitor at the jail.  Please continue to pray for these men that they will have the strength to endure.

1 comment:

  1. Still praying for all these men in prison. There is one good thing from this, and that is that they are exposing the real corruption in these prisons, and horrible abuse and more. We need to get some of these prisons shut down. If they cannot run them right they need to be shut down. I heard on a Christian Radio Station "Moody" recently that we have many no violent drug offenders in prisons all over America and they are being abused. So people are starting to realize what is going on. My prayers continue for all the Bundys and all the men in prison. Trial is coming up and I am praying that all get released from this horrible nightmare.

    ReplyDelete