"The fight for freedom is God's fight.
So when a man stands for freedom he stands with God.
And as long as he stands for freedom he stands with God.
And were he to stand alone he would still stand with God.
A man will be eternally vindicated and rewarded for his stand for freedom."
--Ezra Taft Benson

Friday, June 17, 2016

Father's Day

As we were driving down South on our way to see Dave at the Southern Nevada Detention Center our twelve year old daughter just started to cry.  I asked her why she was crying and thought that maybe one of her siblings pushed her or did something to her while we were driving (Hey eight hours in the car with six siblings can get to the best of you).  She told me that, "she is so mad that they took her Dad away and now how is she supposed to make him breakfast and give him gifts on Father's Day."  My heart was broken again.  I tried to assure her that everything would be ok.  I told her that she was going to get to see him this weekend.  She started to cry even harder.  She said, "Ten minutes is not enough time to be able to talk and see my dad.  I need my dad."  My heart broke even harder.  I thought Mother's Day was hard because my husband wasn't around but I was totally wrong.  See on Mother's Day I was able to have my children be with me and love on me.  These children do not get to have their father to love on or their father doesn't get them to love on him.  I have broken down how many minutes each of us gets to talk with Dave on Father's Day.  I am totally giving my children most of my time with Dave because it's their dad and they need him more than ever.

Below are pictures of our time with Dave last Father's Day.  It was a great day and Dave totally got spoiled just like every dad should on Father's Day.  My ten year old said, "I hope they make all the dad's a special meal on Father's Day."  Pray for all these men and their children to have a good day on Sunday.





No comments:

Post a Comment