"The fight for freedom is God's fight.
So when a man stands for freedom he stands with God.
And as long as he stands for freedom he stands with God.
And were he to stand alone he would still stand with God.
A man will be eternally vindicated and rewarded for his stand for freedom."
--Ezra Taft Benson

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Father's Day


Today, I went with our four year old son to his Sunday School Class.  He has a hard time going by himself so I went to sit with him.  When it was time for singing time then our son decided to sit on my lap.  The music teacher told the kids that in a couple weeks that it was going to be Father's Day and that they would be practicing some songs to sing to them.  The first song lyrics that they sang just made me want to cry.  It is titled, "Daddy's Homecoming."


I'm so glad when daddy comes home,

Glad as I can be;

Clap my hands and shout for joy,

Then climb upon his knee,

Put my arms around his neck,
Hug him tight like this,
Pat his cheeks, then give him what?
A great big kiss.


After our four year old sang this song he whispered to me, "When is my Daddy going to come home."  I tried my best to fight back the tears.  I didn't know what to say to him.  I never know what to say when our kids ask that question.  Because the truth is that none of us know when he is going to come home.  The truth is I don't know when they will be able to climb upon his knee.  When they will be able to put their arms around his neck and hug him.  Or when they will be able to give him a great big kiss.

Just last week the prosecution and the Judge pushed everyone's trials back again.  The earliest that Dave can go to trial will be sometime in 2018.  My heart breaks for our children and for Dave.  How hard Father's Day must be on both of them.  I just don't understand why our government would want to cause so much sadness to these little children by taking away their daddies.  The government talks about how, "We the People" on April 12th scared the BLM employees for a brief moment,but the Government doesn't seem to mind bringing hurt and sorrow to children for over 450 days now and counting, that they might not ever see their daddies again?  These children should have their daddies home.  These men should be home with their families where they belong and not have their constitutional rights violated.  Please continue to pray for all the children and for their heroes, their daddies.




Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a free picture slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment